Why do families experience access challenges in getting ABA therapy through Medicaid?
This video shares what is specifically the barrier in accessing ABA therapy within Medicaid coverage. Discussion includes:
- What are the challenges in accessing ABA?
- How is ABA available in Medicaid?
- Can I file an appeal if denied access?
Patient Protections - Does my Medicaid-eligible child have patient protections? Yes!
This video shares information about patient protections families can use to advocate for the care their loved one has been prescribed. Discussion topics include:
- How ABA therapy is authorized with an insurer.
- Medicaid’s Federal Patient Protection Mandate - EPSDT
- Federal Parity Law Patient Protection – MHPAEA (Ma-Pe-Aw)
- What does all this mean for my child?